Saturday, February 05, 2005

Pull That Ad!!!!

Ford is yanking a planned Super Bowl ad that depicts a clergyman tempted by a new pickup truck after some victims of clergy sex abuse complained it made light of their trauma.

With that in mind, I’m asking McDonald’s to stop its “I’m lovin’ it” campaign because it makes light of the fact that some people love eating so much they’ve become obese.

I’m also asking Verizon to pull it’s “Can you hear me now?” campaign because it makes light of the fact that some people suffer from hearing loss.

I’m also asking America’s milk producers to pull the “Got Milk?” campaign because it makes light of the fact that some people are lactose intolerant.

And I’m also asking anybody who uses the phrase “these prices are insane!” to cease and desiste because the phrase makes light of the plight of the mentally ill.

Some people need to get a life and ... I guess I can't say that because it makes fun of the dead!

No comments: